Why become a WiG member?
All members are eligible to:
- Attend the annual conference
- Compete for the annual best article and dissertation prizes
- Receive the WiG Yearbook (annually) and the WiG Newsletter (twice a year)
- Submit articles for consideration to Women in German Yearbook: Feminist Studies in German Literature and Culture, a refereed journal
- Apply for research travel money from the Zantop fund (graduate students only)
- Apply for new awards and research funding for mid-career faculty and contingent faculty
- Access members-only online content such as the membership directory and the syllabus archive
- Participate in the governance of WiG
- Have your book publications listed and reviewed in the newsletter
Online Registration / Membership System
To join WIG or renew your membership, go to the Women in German membership page (http://womeningerman.roundtablelive.org/).
You can pay your WiG membership fees online. Just go to the Wild Apricot membership page at (http://womeningerman.roundtablelive.org/).
If you are a new member, click on “Join WiG now!” to fill out the membership form. You can choose to pay online or pay by check. If you pay by check, your account status will show up as “pending” until the check has been received by the WiG treasurer.
If you are already a WiG member, your membership information has already been added to the system. To log in for the first time you will need to click on “Forgot password.” You will then receive an email with a computer-generated password. The next time you log in, you can change your password to one that suits your own preferences. Please take the time to do this soon and check to see that all your membership information is correct!
If you want to renew your membership, you will need to log in first and then view your profile. If you have any problems, please contact Heike Henderson, the WiG Membership Coordinator, at email@example.com.
What if your membership has lapsed? If you do not know whether your membership has lapsed, try logging in as a new member. If the system indicates that the email address is already in use, you will need to log in as a member (see instructions above).
Your dues and donations help support the annual WIG conference and other WIG projects. The sliding scale helps keep membership more affordable for those in the lower income ranges. Your dues may be tax-deductible as a professional expense. 10% of your dues support the yearly Zantop Travel and the Research Awards and may be deductible as a donation to a non-profit organization.
If you decide to send in your payment rather than paying online, please mail your check to:
Denise M. Della Rossa, Treasurer
Women in German
Dept. of German and Russian
University of Notre Dame
318 O’Shaughnessy Hall
Notre Dame, IN 46556
Please also consider joining the German Studies Association (GSA) and the American Association of Teachers of German (AATG).
To join GSA or renew your membership, go to https://thegsa.org/members/join.
To join AATG or renew your membership, go to https://www.aatg.org/page/Membership.