WiG is searching for a new co-editor for Feminist German Studies to begin in Fall 2022 with
issue 39.2 for a 3-year term (renewable once).
- Member of WiG with longstanding record of participation and contribution to the organization;
- A secure and stable position, senior rank preferred;
- A strong research/publication record;
- Editing experience;
- Commitment to feminist scholarship (its production and/or dissemination);
- Commitment to collaboration (with co-editor, editorial board, authors, anonymous reviewers) and mentoring (of early-career authors, new editorial board members, interns, the incoming co-editor, etc.);
- Vision to enhance FGS;
- Institutional support ideal (travel funds to attend WiG conference; editorial assistant or other support for managing the flow of manuscripts; course release also desirable).
- Recruit members for Editorial Board as needed to replace outgoing members and to support editorial vision for FGS.
- Solicit manuscripts, send manuscripts out for review, make selections, prepare copy of the regular issue to meet publisher’s deadline.
- Solicit proposals for the annual special issue, work closely with and support guest editors throughout the process, send submissions out for review, prepare final manuscript to meet publisher’s guidelines and deadlines.
- Support journal’s mission to mentor graduate students and early-stage faculty in the submission, review, editing, and publication process.
- Maintain a healthy working relationship with the press (currently University of Nebraska Press); renegotiate the contract as needed.
- Submit an annual report to the editorial board and the steering committee in late winter/early spring.
- At least one co-editor attends the annual Steering Committee meeting at the conference, runs the Editorial Board meeting during the conference, and reports to attendees of the business meeting during conference weekend.
Please send your application (2-3 page letter stating your interest and qualifications, along with
your current CV) to the search committee at email@example.com by April 1, 2022.